Category: xmhchsjgxzgu

  • Niche market

    first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

    READ MORE
  • Euthanasia backers cite fear of burdening others

    first_imgONE News 27 July 2012Healthy pro-euthanasia pensioners would rather cut their lives short than be a financial drain on society, a study shows. Auckland University researchers interviewed 11 healthy men and women aged between 69 and 89 on why they supported voluntary euthanasia. Reasons included not wanting to be a burden on their families and healthcare resources and fears of losing their independence and dignity… One woman, who looked after her dying mother more than 50 years ago, said: “I was the last one to get married so she lived with me . . . “I just feel that I don’t want to be a burden on my children. And when I get old, I don’t want them to have to look after me; it’s too hard for them . . .” …Anti-euthanasia group Family Life International said passing a law to legalise voluntary euthanasia would open a “gigantic Pandora’s box” for the sick and disabled. “Euthanasia preys on the vulnerable members of society who feel obliged to die rather than impact on the lives of others,” spokesman Brendan Roberts said. All participants of the study were European and members of the Voluntary Euthanasia Society, which supports legal medical assistance in dying. Six had no religious affiliation and the others identified as atheist, Baptist, Quaker or agnostic Christian. The study, ‘I wouldn’t want to become a nuisance under any circumstance’, is published in the New Zealand Medical Journal today.http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/euthanasia-backers-cite-fear-burdening-others-4989465last_img read more

    READ MORE
  • Bahamas PM calls crisis meeting on crime

    first_imgNewsRegional Bahamas PM calls crisis meeting on crime by: – June 8, 2012 Tweet Prime Minister Perry ChristieNASSAU, Bahamas — The murder of a mother and son late Tuesday night triggered Bahamas Prime Minister Perry Christie to convene a crisis meeting on crime early on Wednesday, at which he ordered the leaders of law enforcement agencies to proceed with a sense of urgency in addressing the escalating level of violence in New Providence.The double murder brought to 20 the number of murders that have taken place in The Bahamas since the Christie administration came to office on May 7. In total, 21 murders were recorded in May, the largest number ever in a single month in the country’s recorded history.Three murders have been recorded so far for June. The murder count for the year stands at 65, up from 57 this time last year. In 2011, the country recorded a record 127 murders.The crime crisis meeting was attended by key people in the fight against crime: National Security Minister Dr Bernard Nottage; Minister of State for National Security Keith Bell; Attorney General Allyson Maynard-Gibson; Deputy Prime Minister Philip Brave Davis; Commissioner of Police Ellison Greenslade; Commodore of the Royal Bahamas Defence Force Roderick Bowe and head of the National Security Council Clifford ‘Butch’ Scavella, The Nassau Guardian was told.The Nassau Guardian understands that Christie ordered an immediate increase in police resources on the streets, and heightened intelligence gathering.Additionally, the Office of the Attorney General intends to give priority to cases involving prolific offenders, who authorities say continue to terrorize communities.The Guardian understands that the prime minister has directed that defence force officers take over some of the functions of police, to free police officers up to hit the streets.But there reportedly is no directive at this time for defence force officers to participate in saturation patrols, although that option was left open.This week, Greenslade acknowledged the manpower challenges facing the police force.While the prime minister has previously sent signals about the importance of forcefully cracking down on the criminal element, his message on Wednesday was intended to underscore the urgency of upping the war on crime.Christie asked the heads of the various law enforcement agencies to blur the lines that separate their agencies and mount a single anti-crime effort.The prime minister has labeled crime as the single largest problem facing the country at this time.While in opposition, he and the Progressive Liberal Party (PLP) claimed repeatedly that the Ingraham administration had failed to keep Bahamians safe. The party erected controversial signs pointing to a record number of murders under the former government.By Candia DamesCaribbean News Now 20 Views   no discussions Sharecenter_img Sharing is caring! Share Sharelast_img read more

    READ MORE
  • Park Board needs community input

    first_imgDillsboro, IN—The Dillsboro Park Advisory Board is looking at grants and other options to help maintain and improve the community park through developing a 5-year plan.  The Board is required to hold a public meeting and they want your input.  This includes not only Dillsboro residents, but also those in the surrounding townships.  The meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 18 at 6:30 pm at the Dillsboro Townhall.last_img

    READ MORE
  • Giovanni Trapattoni factfile

    first_img1939: Born, March 17 in Cusano Milanino. 1963: Part of the AC Milan side which wins the European Cup for the first time with a 2-1 win over Benfica. 1960: Represents the Italian football team at the Olympics in Rome. 1962: Plays for Italy at the World Cup in Chile. 1967: Wins Serie A and Coppa Italia double with AC Milan. 1968: Lifts European Cup Winners’ Cup with AC Milan. 1969: Collects second European Cup winners’ medal with AC Milan. 1971: Makes last of 387 professional appearances for AC Milan before he signed for lower league side AS Varese. 1972: Retires from playing. 1974: Appointed youth team coach at AC Milan. 1975: Made AC Milan first-team coach and his team finish as runners-up in the Coppa Italia. 1976: Appointed Juventus coach. 1977: Steers Juventus to a Serie A and UEFA Cup double. 1978: Claims consecutive Serie A title with Juventus. 1979: Juventus win Coppa Italia. 1981: Wins third league title with Juventus. 1982: Delivers fourth Serie A title as Juventus boss. 1983: Wins second Coppa Italia for Juventus. 1984: Takes fifth Serie A title to Turin and wins the European Cup Winners Cup with a 2-1 win over FC Porto in Basel. 1985: Manages Juventus to a 1-0 European Cup victory over Liverpool but the match is overshadowed by disaster off the pitch at the Heysel Stadium. 1986: Wins sixth Serie A title with Juventus before he returning to Milan to manage Inter Milan. 1989: Inter win Serie A title under Trapattoni. 1991: Guides Inter to a 2-1 aggregate UEFA Cup final victory over Roma before he returns for a second spell at Juventus. 1994: Finishes twice as Serie A runners-up with Juventus before leaving to join Bayern Munich. 1995: Returns to Serie A for a brief period in charge of Cagliari. 1996: Second spell with Bayern Munich. 1997: Leads Bayern to Bundesliga title. 1998: Bayern finish runners-up in the Bundesliga but win the domestic cup. June: Returns to Serie A to manage Fiorentina. 2000: Replaces Dino Zoff as Italy manager. 2002: Leads Italy to the World Cup in Japan and South Korea. Italy suffer a surprise second-round exit at the hands of South Korea. Trapattoni is blamed for an overly-defensive brand of football and not taking Roberto Baggio. 2004: June: Italy are knocked out of Euro 2004 in Portugal at the group stage on goal difference after draws against Denmark and Sweden and a victory over Bulgaria. July: Contract with Italian FA not renewed and Trapattoni is named coach of Benfica. 2005: Ends Benfica’s 11-year wait for the Portuguese league title but resigns at the end of the season to take the coach’s position at Stuttgart. 2006: February: Sacked by Stuttgart after 20 games in charge. May: Swiss side Red Bull Salzburg appoint Trapattoni as director of football with former Germany international Lothar Matthaus as first-team coach. 2008: February 11 – Agrees in principle to take over as Ireland manager. May 28 – First game in charge is a 1-1 draw with Serbia. 2009: September: Signs a new contract through to 2012. November 18 – Presides over the World Cup play-off loss to France, which is decided after Thierry Henry’s handball controversy. 2011: Guides Ireland to Euro 2012 with a play-off win over Estonia. 2012: Given a new two-year contract. June – Ireland disappoint at Euro 2012, losing group games to Spain, Italy and Croatia. October – Ireland lose a World Cup qualifier 6-1 to Germany. 2013: September 11 – After back-to-back defeats against Sweden and Austria leave Ireland out of contention to qualify for the 2014 World Cup, Trapattoni leaves his post as Ireland manager. His departure is by “mutual consent”, the Football Association of Ireland announce. Press Association 1959: Signed as a defender by AC Milan. 1962: Wins first Scudetto as a player with AC Milan. last_img read more

    READ MORE
  • Irish dominate Walker Cup team

    first_imgA record five Irishmen have been named in the 10-strong Great Britain and Ireland Walker Cup team to face the United States next month. Press Association “We have selected a talented group of players who compete at the highest levels of amateur golf and, in some cases, have played in Major Championships and Tour events,” Edwards said on www.randa.org. “The Walker Cup offers these players a tremendous opportunity to display their abilities and gain invaluable experience of playing in international team competition.” The Open Silver Medal winner Jordan Niebrugge is one of five players that have been added to the United States team that will be hoping to regain the trophy after winning 17-9 in New York two years ago. Niebrugge, who pipped Chesters and Dunne to finish as the leading amateur at St Andrews, Scott Harvey, Denny McCarthy, Mike McCoy and teenager Robby Shelton will all represent their country . The quintet have been added to an American squad that already included Bryson DeChambeau, Beau Hossler, Lee McCoy, Maverick McNealy and Hunter Stewart. center_img Paul Dunne, who was the 54-hole joint leader at last month’s Open Championship at St Andrews before fading to finish in a tie for 30th, Jack Hume, Gary Hurley, Gavin Moynihan and Cormac Sharvin all hail from the Emerald Isle and make up half of captain Nigel Edwards’ team for the competition at Royal Lytham and St Annes on September 12 and 13. Ashley Chesters will be one of Dunne’s team-mates, having eventually finished ahead of him at the Open, as will fellow Englishmen Sam Horsfield and Jimmy Mullen, and Scots Grant Forrest and Jack McDonald. last_img read more

    READ MORE
  • Boynton Beach man accused of sexual battery, kidnapping 4-year-old girl

    first_imgPolice arrested a Boynton Beach man on Wednesday after he was accused of molesting and kidnapping a  4-year-old girl.Boynton Beach police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said the suspect, James McArthur Daniels Jr., 31, was taken into custody in Riviera Beach by a U.S. Marshals task force.Police said the child’s mother reported on Aug. 7 that she dropped her daughter off at her grandmother’s Boynton Beach house. However, the grandmother is 79 years old and unable to care for the child. The girl was then placed under the care of her cousin, Daniels, according to a probable cause affidavit.Later that day, the girl’s mother was trying to contact Daniels, but he was nowhere to be found.Daniels eventually returned the child to the mother’s home on Saturday afternoon and claimed his vehicle broke down in Delray Beach, and his cellphone wasn’t working.The victim’s mother said she noticed Sunday morning that her daughter’s private area was red, and the child was sore. The child also told her mother that Daniels touched her inappropriately, the affidavit states.Police were contacted Sunday, and the child told them that her “Uncle James” molested her and gave her dollars “not to tell mommy what happened.”The 4-year-old girl’s parents said they later found $11 in the child’s possession, which they said they had not given to their daughter.Police said an assault kit performed on the child confirmed the girl was sexually abused.Palm Beach County Jail records show Daniels is being held without bond.last_img read more

    READ MORE
  • TV Umpire Will Call Front Foot No-Ball

    first_imgNew Delhi: The ICC has confirmed that the forthcoming T20I and ODI series between India and West Indies will be contested trialing technology to call front foot no-balls. Speaking to IANS, BCCI joint secretary Jayesh George had earlier confirmed the same and said: “Yes, it is a work in progress. IPL has always stood for innovation. Our endeavour is to make sure that every season of the IPL sees new technology come in and helps in progress of the game. More importantly, why should a player suffer if technology can help erase the issue?”In the past, we have seen that the front foot no-ball is a grey area and I am of the view that technology which can help in detecting front foot no-balls can be put to use. Massive testing is being done and will continue in the West Indies series as well,” he explained.The cameras used for checking run outs by the third umpire are the ones that are being used for the process and it is clicking 300 frames per second. This frame then can be zoomed into as per the wish of the operator.As per ICC, throughout the trial, the third umpire will be responsible for monitoring every ball bowled and identifying whether there has been any front foot infringement.If there has been an infringement on the front foot, the third umpire will communicate this to the on-field umpire who will subsequently call a no-ball. As a result, the on-field umpire will not call a front foot no-ball without the advice of the third umpire.It’s important to note that any benefit of the doubt lies with the bowler, and if a late no ball call is communicated, then the On-Field Umpire will rescind a dismissal (if applicable) and call no ball. The On-Field Umpire will remain responsible for other in-game decisions in the usual way.The outcomes of the trial will be used to gauge whether the system has a beneficial impact on the accuracy of no ball decisions and whether it can be implemented while minimizing disruption to the flow of the game. IANSAlso Read: Aleem Dar Joins Steve Bucknor as Most Capped Test UmpireAlso Watch: Struggling for over six years! “The Bodo-Fight for Identity” documentary film to be screened soonlast_img read more

    READ MORE
  • Surprise guests speak at Take Back the Night

    first_imgTwo USC administrators seized the opportunity at yesterday’s Take Back the Night rally to address the recent scandals that have rocked the USC community.Speak out · Provost Elizabeth Garrett spoke at the Take Back the Night rally Thursday night. Garrett said she is proud of students for standing together in spite of recent events. – Jennifer Schultz | Daily Trojan Provost Elizabeth Garrett, the first woman to hold the office of provost at USC, kicked off the rally in front of Tommy Trojan by saying she is proud of how students have come together in the wake of the viral Kappa Sigma email that referred to women as “targets.”“We have here a commitment to free speech and robust discourse, but also a commitment to power, safety and civil discourse,” said Garrett, whose appearance at Take Back the Night was unannounced. “What happens in a university that can sometimes be difficult is when these commitments come into tension. We’ve seen that over the past few days because of a repugnant, objectionable and vile email that goes against our commitment to respect.”Garrett said students’ true strength was shown in their ability to stand together in opposition to misogyny and disrespect.“What we’ve seen on this campus over the past few days has been how we deal with this tension,” Garrett said. “We combat the objectionable, the vile and the repulsive speech through our community by speaking out. We delegitimize it, we ensure the safety of our comrades and we fight ignorance and intolerance with reason, solidarity and a stronger community — a community that is led by strong women and men who respect strong women.”Garrett expressed her pride in the work of the Take Back the Night project, including the hundreds of shirts painted with messages speaking out against sexual violence.“I’ve looked all week at the clothesline project, and as I’ve looked out at that I’m so proud of the power that it represents, of the emotions that they represent, of the experience and the history that they represent,” Garrett said.Lauren Dawson, associate director of Take Back the Night, said seven T-shirts have been taken from the clothesline project in Alumni Park.Dawson said one T-shirt has been returned, but she doesn’t know who took that shirt or the others.  A report has been filed with the Dept. of Public Safety.Vice President of Student Affairs Michael L. Jackson also spoke at the rally, echoing Garrett’s sentiment that throughout the recent controversies at USC, students have displayed a remarkable sense of community in standing up against what they see as degrading and harmful conduct.“I’m really proud that we have come together to speak out against hatred, that we have men and women who are like-minded and like-spirited, that we have men who are willing to stand up and encourage their brothers to look within their own hearts and take that affirmative step when they see somebody being abused,” Jackson said.Jackson also stressed students should not feel they have to take action alone. He said in addition to all of the hard work being put in by students, staff and faculty members are also willing to stand by them in solidarity.“I’ve dedicated my entire career to helping students be successful and trying to create environments where men and women can have healthy relationships,” Jackson said. “We are all together in fighting sexual violence, misogyny and victimization of people in our communities.”Most students in attendance felt the rally was effective in drawing attention to issues of sexual violence  on a college campus.“It was very moving because even if not many people think about it, these are issues that need attention,” said Salma Nigar, a graduate student studying electrical engineering. “Rallies like this are absolutely important in drawing that attention.”Rachel Smith, a senior majoring in cinema critical studies, agreed such rallies are essential in educating people about issues they might not be paying attention to, such as sexual violence on college campuses.“It’s very eye-opening,” Smith said. “A lot of people aren’t really aware of how much of a problem this might be. Everyone rallying together encourages more people to not only pay attention but also take action.”last_img read more

    READ MORE
  • Fan reactions to Syracuse’s 33-25 loss to NC State

    first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ [View the story “Syracuse-NC State football” on Storify] Comments Published on September 30, 2017 at 4:07 pmlast_img

    READ MORE